Technigent speaks about app wrapping from stretching,
What is App Wrapping?
App Wrapping or Application Wrapping is a process of applying different mobile app development policies to the particular app on device for securing its data. Typical app wrapping can be performed via SDK or via EMM vendor who can control basic securities of the app like who can download the app and who can access what data within the app or whether the corporate data used in the app can be copy pasted.
Usage of App Wrapping
App Wrapping can be used to help control or protect a wide spectrum of elements within the mobile app. Some of the more conscious ways you can use a wrap are:
- Restrict data storage from app to the device.
- Create further authentication standards such as double authentication or simply a stronger form than application’s native authentication.
- Limit file sharing within application.
- Block copy-paste abilities.
- Create varying levels of authentication to ensure that only specific population can use your application.
Importance of App Wrapping
The requirements for each app’s security will be ever evolving as technology become a more integral part of business life. Set up your product so that it is secure and customizable. Tackling foreseeable issues now and finding the right content control solutions is the best way to avoid any problems now and heading into the future.
Benefits of App Wrapping
- It enables implementation of app-specific policies for data encryption, app-to-app data sharing and other security/compliance controls.
- It enables remote management of those policies so they can be updated and modified as required over time.
- It eases the portability of apps between multiple operating systems (such as Apple iOS, Android and Windows Phone).
- It simplifies implementation of single sign-on for multiple apps.
- It enhances availability and disaster recovery by speeding secure remote reinstallation of apps.
How does the mobile app wrapping work technically?
App wrapping is the process of implementing a security policy to a mobile application (which could be an email or custom built business app) without changing the way it functions or how it appears. Once this technology is set up, administrators are able to set policies so that employees with corporate-owned or personal mobile devices can safely download an app. App wrapping is usually done by use of:
- an SDK for an app
- an EMM vendor that makes it so a developer can deploy an API that enables management policies to be set up
For instance, an app wrapping API would make it so an administrator could facilitate who can download a mobile app and if sensitive data retrievable by this app can be copied, pasted, and used. When wrapping an app, certain policies should be set in place.
Examples of these policies are:
These policies will create self-defending apps so that they are able to protect themselves no matter what device they are running on. Security policies include FIDS 140-2 encryption, copy/paste protection, corporate authentication, jailbreak detection, data wipe, app integrity and runtime integrity check.
These policies help developers protect users and keep the apps updated with their many numbers of users. Depending on the role of each user, the app can be made visible in different capacities and administrators can disable the app at any time.
These policies give insight on how the app is being used, for what, why, and by whom.
- Groeien is moeilijk als er geen vakmensen meer zijn te vinden 20 November 2018
- 5 Benefits of Blockchain & Why It’s Top Emerging Technology For Future? 15 June 2018
- Quick Round-Up of App Wrapping, Benefits & How It Works 25 May 2018
- A New Beginning for Better Business and Bigger Change 22 May 2018
- Our Love to Build Website in WordPress 18 May 2018
- Top 7 Ways To Promote Your Mobile App 27 July 2017
- Top 5 Tips for Transitioning Legacy Systems to the Cloud 14 July 2017
- Legacy System Migration Do's and Dont's 10 July 2017
- 5 Effective Ways to Implement Mobile App Security 21 June 2017
- Key Benefits of Agile Methodology for your Startup 18 June 2017
- What Mobile App Marketing Can Do Wonders To Your Business? 15 June 2017
- Top 7 Mobile App Development Trends for 2017 12 June 2017